Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hawaii Trip

My mom has been planning to take me to Hawaii for years and it's never been the right time.  She's been on chemo, kids too little, I was working,  etc.  This summer, we decided it was a good time because she's healed from her cancer and my kids are older now and can handle the trip better.  So, she booked us on a cruise to HI in January.  I'm so excited, and we kept it a secret from the kiddos till Christmas morning, that is when we revealed to the kids about their trip.

Les and I bought them luggage for the trip (and for Christmas), so my mom and I gathered a few items to put into the bags as clues for them to figure out where we were going.  Sadie got it the minute she started looking at the clues...........I was shocked at how quickly they figured it out.

The kiddos were in shock and didn't even know how to answer or act.  Zachary then got scared b/c he's been studying The Titanic and said," I don't want to go, I'm afraid it will sink."  We explained to him that the likelihood of that happening was very low b/c the Titanic sunk over 100 years ago (115 1/2 years to be exact).  He has already counted the lifeboats from a picture of the ship that we received in the mail today.  LOL  I think he's getting used to the idea.  Sadie has been learning to hula dance and has shown me her "moves".  They've both been putting on the hula bra and hula skirt.  I keep trying to get a picture of Zachary in it, but he has been to quick for me.......HA!!!  I hope to get one for blackmail in the future.........HAHAHAHA!!!

Here are a few pictures of the reveal on Christmas morning.........enjoy!!


Opening the first bags...


More clues in Zachary's bags...


She had guessed Hawaii before this and now she's looking at the postcard.  She was correct!!


They're soooo cute - I love these 2 so much and I'm excited to share this experience with them too.  I'll miss the hubby, but he'll be home working and then building at our land.  He's excited to be building and hunting.  <3 him and appreciate him "letting" us go for so long without him.

Mom, thank you for making this possible for us - I am beyond ecstatic!!!! 
Hawaii memories....here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment